Friday, April 23, 2010

I Think Some of This is Starting to Stick

I have been spending my drive time listening to Deepak Chopra's "Reinventing the Body, Reinvigorating the Soul". I have found it to be an extremely helpful guide to enhanced discovery of self, appreciation of what I have discovered and what has yet to be uncovered. I have cleverly bumbled my way through life for 48 years and only recently stopped in my tracks to extend an inquisitive gaze backward to inspect what my life had become. What I saw, a desperate and barren wasteland engaged me in a new thirst for education about Who I Am, Why I am Here and What Am I To Be Doing.

I have not been happy with many things...career, relationships, outlook, the future and I thought now would be an appropriate time to do something about myself, change myself for the betterment not only of myself, but also for those around me and those whom I encounter in daily life.

Dr. Chopra speaks of a balance between Body, Mind and Soul, of "Being Centered" and "Completing the Circle". When I looked at the elements of Body, Mind and Soul, I found that my Mind (ego) was clouded with negative thoughts about how my body looked and how could I get anywhere near success looking like I did. Sure, I could stand to lose 10-15 pounds and would look better with a great mane of brown hair on my head, but as I started to think about it, I asked myself, Why am I battling myself with these expectations that will, if consciously contemplated provide me with a brilliantly constructed negative image of myself? Why?

Why not instead attempt to strike a positive balance between these three key aspects of myself, such that the energy I put out toward others is just that, positive, endearing if you will. If you locate that balance, you become centered; able to view each occurrence in your life without predjudice and take it for what it is, an experience...something you may have even created in your own mind via your own thoughts.

I know I am a long way from Completing the Circle, but I know that when I am at peace and just let things happen and unfold as they are supposed to, I am much happier and look forward to the future, no matter if it is 10 minutes away, next week or next year.

In attempting to bring Body, Mind and Soul together so they are on the same page (especially if you think your body is flawed in any number of ways), think about all the work your body does for you without your knowledge. Stop for a moment and listen to your breathing pattern. After you have listened to it for a while, try to ignore it. It takes a while to do that. Next, feel your pulse and think about how many times your heart beats to pump blood throughout your body, regardless of whether you are sitting at your desk working on a project or running the stairs to stay in shape. All of it goes on without ANY conscious effort on your part.

You just need to know that in and of yourself, YOU ARE ENOUGH. You are an amazing creation of the Universe and it is expressing itself through you each and every day. Find that PEACE. Find that BALANCE and enjoy it. Your body is there every day for you. Be there for it. Listen to it. Reward it and be grateful for it, because it is all you have, which is quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment